King Kong
I had my accounts test today. It was not that hard, but I did make some careless mistakes like considering a merchandise purchase as an asset purchase. Come to think about it, I think that's the only mistake I made. Anyway, since the semester is ending and holidays are approaching, we do not as many classes as usual, so my class ends with the test, which means I was free from 1530 onwards. So I went to see KingKong with Syazwan. Nice movie but i think it's just too long.
I'm currently studying in France under Petronas scholarship. They always say that Petronas sends students to France so that theu can send us to francophone countries where it's present. So I asked myself, if ever I get to choose which francophone country would I choose? I would prefer to live in a country where the standards of living is more than average with a stable political regime. So there's Canada (read:Québec). But other than that, I don't see any other country. The nearest would be Vietnam and ex-French colonies in the middle east (Maroc, Tunisie, Algérie, Liban, and Syrie). But these coutries' standard of living is actually below average and there's no guaranteed political stability. It seems that all (with the exception of Québec, but that's because it was then handed over to the British) ex-French colonies are not as successful as ex-British colonies (Canada, Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, and Hong Kong to name a few). So to answer to that question, I really have no idea.
I'm currently studying in France under Petronas scholarship. They always say that Petronas sends students to France so that theu can send us to francophone countries where it's present. So I asked myself, if ever I get to choose which francophone country would I choose? I would prefer to live in a country where the standards of living is more than average with a stable political regime. So there's Canada (read:Québec). But other than that, I don't see any other country. The nearest would be Vietnam and ex-French colonies in the middle east (Maroc, Tunisie, Algérie, Liban, and Syrie). But these coutries' standard of living is actually below average and there's no guaranteed political stability. It seems that all (with the exception of Québec, but that's because it was then handed over to the British) ex-French colonies are not as successful as ex-British colonies (Canada, Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, and Hong Kong to name a few). So to answer to that question, I really have no idea.
1 Comments:
Hi, good point regarding ex-French colonies state of business! (note that Liban and Syrie were Mandates versus Colonies). Anyway, you make good remarque compared to British ones. The only difference (which I think key) is countries "managed" by France were Arabic! Also, Britain failed with Palestine and Jordan ;)
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home