Something Stupid
I finally did it. I finally did my communication presentation today. Normally each group has about half an hour to present but my group took an hour, and i spoke for like 30 minutes. Ok I guess. Some grammar mistakes here and there. But somehow i can still not accept the fact that i somehow, accidentally, blurted a giggle in the middle of my presentation. I must've looked stupid.
Yesterday, after my Economics class the prof said 'Ok, now that the class has ended, put your things away, except for a pen'. Oh shit! Another surprise contrôle. 'Write about any recent economic happenings. You have 10 minutes' he said. And I was blank. I couldn't think of any. Surely Greenspan stepping down is a news, but I do not know the details. The privatisation of EDF (French TNB) is a news, but it's a month old. Luckily I remembered a news that i saw the day before while having dinner. The French will be taxed everytime they purchase a plane ticket issued in France, in order to help poor countries. Hang on, this sounds a bit illogical, i thought to myself. Did I imagined that news? 'You have 5 more minutes'. Oh what the heck. I wrote everything I saw (or imagined i saw), and wrote in like 5 lines instead of 8 that he asked. Later I asked my friends if they've heard anything about it. No one heard of it. That's it, I was imagining that news. But when I got home later in the day, I went online and checked. Such tax has been approved by the parliament 2 days before. Ah hah! So I was not imagining things. Thank goodness.
Yesterday, after my Economics class the prof said 'Ok, now that the class has ended, put your things away, except for a pen'. Oh shit! Another surprise contrôle. 'Write about any recent economic happenings. You have 10 minutes' he said. And I was blank. I couldn't think of any. Surely Greenspan stepping down is a news, but I do not know the details. The privatisation of EDF (French TNB) is a news, but it's a month old. Luckily I remembered a news that i saw the day before while having dinner. The French will be taxed everytime they purchase a plane ticket issued in France, in order to help poor countries. Hang on, this sounds a bit illogical, i thought to myself. Did I imagined that news? 'You have 5 more minutes'. Oh what the heck. I wrote everything I saw (or imagined i saw), and wrote in like 5 lines instead of 8 that he asked. Later I asked my friends if they've heard anything about it. No one heard of it. That's it, I was imagining that news. But when I got home later in the day, I went online and checked. Such tax has been approved by the parliament 2 days before. Ah hah! So I was not imagining things. Thank goodness.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home