dimanche, octobre 16

Love Actually is all around

It’s official, Love Actually has become one of my favourite movies (remind me to update my Friendster’s profile later). I spent the whole day downloading the movie in Syazwan’s place, and it was worth the wait. Actually I’ve seen the movie last year (rented it form the renting Lachine in front of my house in Colmar), but I didn’t really had the chance to actually follow the story carefully since I watched it while I was cleaning up my room (a usual Sunday morning activity apart from going to laundry that is). And I have completely forgotten about it, until a classmate talked about it the other day when were talking about movies (just to impress them, I said my favourite movie was Amélie Poulain ~ a big French movie hit, and it’s not totally not true, it is one of my favourites)

Love actually talks basically about love, of course. And the story tells us about different love stories that happen in everyday lives, from a 10 year old to the Prime Minister. My favourite couple would be Alan Rickman (the guy also acts in Harry Potter movies playing Severus Snape) and Emma Thompson. They play the role of an ordinary married couple with two kids. The husband has an affair with his secretary, wife saw him buying a necklace and thought it was for her, but found out that he bought her a CD instead. Pretty banale as the French would say it, common stuff. At the beginning of the movie, the narrator tells us that his favourite spot would be the arrival halls in airports because there, you can see a lot of love and love actually is everywhere. Note to self: observe the arrival hall at the Gare Lille Flandres next Saturday.

I’ve never actually considered British movies to be as good as the Americans. But they actually are. Love Actually, Bend it like Beckham and of course Harry Potter (It’s American but with 100 percent British actors, though I have to say some of the actors in it can not act). But of course the movies that I just stated above are the big hits. The thing is, it’s quite hard to find British movies in French DVD stores and also on the net. When I was back in Malaysia last summer they were showing Little Britain on Star World. It’s a series about Britain and its people. Rather funny if you ask me, though some of the jokes are really (and when I say really, I do mean really) lame. I watched the whole season 1 the other day in Syazwan’s house.

Britain, Britain, Britain, we have running water since 10 years, and we invented the cat.



Today I’ve actually sent the dedication emails to Berita Harian and Utusan Malaysia for the Salam Aidilfitri / Salam Perantauan section. I hope I didn’t miss out anyone (and that is just impossible since I end my dedication with dan kepada semua rakyat Malaysia). So just keep flipping through the papers these following days (I really do hope this year they’ll publish it, I was devastated last year)
Lambersart 59130